Mark Ward Kia, Carbondale, IL
On Saturday, July 5, 2008, my wife and I visited Mark Ward Kia in Carbondale, IL. We were looking at a Sportage or the Sorento. We decided to test drive the Sorento. After a short test drive, during which we were instructed where to turn and when to switch drivers, we returned to the dealership. The sales person, Chris, asked if we were interested in purchasing the vehicle. We inquired about the bottom line price and he referred us to the sales manager who identified himself as Scott. Scott immediately asked us if we were going to purchase this Sorento. I asked him for the price. He again asked if we were going to purchase the vehicle right now. Again I requested the price. He retorted with “I’m not going to tell you the price unless you purchase this vehicle right now.” I said I didn’t do business that way. I want to know the price before I purchase anything. He refused to divulge the sales price at which time we told him no and turned to leave.
After thinking about this, I returned to the showroom and asked to see Scott. I told him that we have never been treated as rudely as we had just been. That we have purchased many cars throughout our lifetime and that we will never purchase a Kia not to mention a vehicle from Ward. His response was that they are the # 2 Kia dealership in the four state area and they didn’t need our business. I told him that my wife and I are locals, employed at the University and in the medical field, and that we know many people and we will make sure that all of our friends are aware of the lack of professionalism of this dealership. He responded “go ahead” and returned to his office. As I walked out the door there was an enormous outburst of laughter from this “sales manager’s” office.
While I’m on professionalism, the sales staff was about the most unruly looking group I have ever encountered in any dealership.
I guarantee that we will never own a Kia nor will we ever do business with Mark Ward.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- " I almost died! 11-15-2015 My 2015 open range light bunkhouse had an electrical fire. The motor to the electric jack was on fire catching the plastic propane tank..."
- "In 2013 we bought a new 2014 Model Salem destination trailer built by Forest River from Fun-N-Sun in Ludington, Michigan. The first season we had these issues covered by..."
- "It's a shame that Keystone claims a quality product and produces an inferior one. A big complaint (of many) I have are the tires they put on the so-called Luxury..."
- "I had a situation come up where I had to go home for a month to take care of my dad after a heart attack. Linda (Bianconi, I believe her..."
- "Angie's list received a complaint about my company, and I filled out the "conflict resolution" paperwork "agreeing" to meet the members demands. -Angie's list was supposed to remove the review. -Angie's list..."
- "scotts destroyed my lawn by overstressing it and refuses to replant my grass. Instead, they airated a wet lawn,and then threw grass seed and fertiliser on the dead lawn. Of course..."
- "Look no further. Really impeccable service. Me and my fiancé Dave checked their website, to start pricing and picking out my wedding band. I picked out a ring style..."
- "I opened a checking account with Citibank in NYC, and within 60 days started receiving a spam email newsletter from Citibank with various suggestions on how to take vacations, new..."
- "Hi All, As an honest review I have to share one of my experience with payless car rental Oakland Airport (they are not for sure payless). I have rented a car..."