Mark Ward Kia, Carbondale, IL
On Saturday, July 5, 2008, my wife and I visited Mark Ward Kia in Carbondale, IL. We were looking at a Sportage or the Sorento. We decided to test drive the Sorento. After a short test drive, during which we were instructed where to turn and when to switch drivers, we returned to the dealership. The sales person, Chris, asked if we were interested in purchasing the vehicle. We inquired about the bottom line price and he referred us to the sales manager who identified himself as Scott. Scott immediately asked us if we were going to purchase this Sorento. I asked him for the price. He again asked if we were going to purchase the vehicle right now. Again I requested the price. He retorted with “I’m not going to tell you the price unless you purchase this vehicle right now.” I said I didn’t do business that way. I want to know the price before I purchase anything. He refused to divulge the sales price at which time we told him no and turned to leave.
After thinking about this, I returned to the showroom and asked to see Scott. I told him that we have never been treated as rudely as we had just been. That we have purchased many cars throughout our lifetime and that we will never purchase a Kia not to mention a vehicle from Ward. His response was that they are the # 2 Kia dealership in the four state area and they didn’t need our business. I told him that my wife and I are locals, employed at the University and in the medical field, and that we know many people and we will make sure that all of our friends are aware of the lack of professionalism of this dealership. He responded “go ahead” and returned to his office. As I walked out the door there was an enormous outburst of laughter from this “sales manager’s” office.
While I’m on professionalism, the sales staff was about the most unruly looking group I have ever encountered in any dealership.
I guarantee that we will never own a Kia nor will we ever do business with Mark Ward.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Go anywhere but Henry Day Ford! We purchased a new 2013 F350 truck with service plan. We took it in for its 5000 mile service and were told the next..."
- "Long story short: LEMON Bought a 2006 Mini Convertible with 30,000 miles. It now has 59,188. It's been in for repairs, sometimes for up to a month, over 15 times...."
- "I went to the Cherry Hill Kia dealership to purchase a second vehicle. They didn't have what I wanted so I went home. The next day I got a call..."
- " I just was sitting down to eat some of your soup when I realized that the Potatoes are hard as rocks. Wassup it may not mean much to your..."
- "I must sayI was very excited about my handbag my husband had purchased for me Christmas 2009, it was the Tivoli GM and it was gorgeous and roomy. June 2012..."
- "I broke my tooth on pieces of small hard plastic in their ice cream. I kept chewing because I thought it was chunks of undisolved sugar. But I spit them..."
- "This so-called attorney attempted to intimidate me based on the false allegations of his personal friend, Paulette Elaine Rocco Gosden Tumbarello. She is a real estate broker in Hilton..."
- "I ordered a tuna sandwich. I got a tablespoon of tuna, some rotted lettuce, 2 paper thin see-thru tomato slices and enough bread to stuff a turkey. Rotten, wilted, old,..."
- "I ordered for fancy umbrellas instead i recived fancy fans..."