Mark Ward Kia, Carbondale, IL
On Saturday, July 5, 2008, my wife and I visited Mark Ward Kia in Carbondale, IL. We were looking at a Sportage or the Sorento. We decided to test drive the Sorento. After a short test drive, during which we were instructed where to turn and when to switch drivers, we returned to the dealership. The sales person, Chris, asked if we were interested in purchasing the vehicle. We inquired about the bottom line price and he referred us to the sales manager who identified himself as Scott. Scott immediately asked us if we were going to purchase this Sorento. I asked him for the price. He again asked if we were going to purchase the vehicle right now. Again I requested the price. He retorted with “I’m not going to tell you the price unless you purchase this vehicle right now.” I said I didn’t do business that way. I want to know the price before I purchase anything. He refused to divulge the sales price at which time we told him no and turned to leave.
After thinking about this, I returned to the showroom and asked to see Scott. I told him that we have never been treated as rudely as we had just been. That we have purchased many cars throughout our lifetime and that we will never purchase a Kia not to mention a vehicle from Ward. His response was that they are the # 2 Kia dealership in the four state area and they didn’t need our business. I told him that my wife and I are locals, employed at the University and in the medical field, and that we know many people and we will make sure that all of our friends are aware of the lack of professionalism of this dealership. He responded “go ahead” and returned to his office. As I walked out the door there was an enormous outburst of laughter from this “sales manager’s” office.
While I’m on professionalism, the sales staff was about the most unruly looking group I have ever encountered in any dealership.
I guarantee that we will never own a Kia nor will we ever do business with Mark Ward.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "We bought a 2014 forest river Wildwood from General rv in Huntley ill. We have had a lot of issues with it including leaks and floor and wood damage. ..."
- "Bought a new 2014, wildcat within 6 months the front fiberglass Cap begin to oxidize from the top to the bottom. Contacted Forest River in Dallas, Oregon and talked with..."
- "Dee Coleman of the Garage II sold me a 1967 Chevy Nova, he advertised it on Ebay, said the car was perfect from Top to Bottom. The guy showed 100%..."
- "nothing but problems with engine and transmission. I finally decided to change the oil after it was rather sticky even though it didnt require it. Found a much smaller oil..."
- "scotts destroyed my lawn by overstressing it and refuses to replant my grass. Instead, they airated a wet lawn,and then threw grass seed and fertiliser on the dead lawn. Of course..."
- "Dec/20 i just purchased an 09 chevy hhr in wauksha wi.i was told it was on the recalled list.take it to the chevy dealer at your leasure to get it..."
- "Your Suave Professionals Almond & Shea Butter Shampoo is AMAZING. I'm beyond satisfied/ happy/ ecstatic with this product. I used to have the softest hair and I didn't need conditioner..."
- "I ordered 18 pink roses to be delivered to a patient that had a mastectomy. The item delivered was just a simple bouquet they called a "smiles" bouquet and..."
- " Dear Sirs, 10/8/2015 My name is R. LaBroi. I have been a student of James Madison for a number of years. My student number is JM964744. I have dealt with..."