• show-popup

Product / Service Unprofessional Auto Sale
Location Anna, Illinois
Category Dealers
Views 2220

On Saturday, July 5, 2008, my wife and I visited Mark Ward Kia in Carbondale, IL. We were looking at a Sportage or the Sorento. We decided to test drive the Sorento. After a short test drive, during which we were instructed where to turn and when to switch drivers, we returned to the dealership. The sales person, Chris, asked if we were interested in purchasing the vehicle. We inquired about the bottom line price and he referred us to the sales manager who identified himself as Scott. Scott immediately asked us if we were going to purchase this Sorento. I asked him for the price. He again asked if we were going to purchase the vehicle right now. Again I requested the price. He retorted with “I’m not going to tell you the price unless you purchase this vehicle right now.” I said I didn’t do business that way. I want to know the price before I purchase anything. He refused to divulge the sales price at which time we told him no and turned to leave.
After thinking about this, I returned to the showroom and asked to see Scott. I told him that we have never been treated as rudely as we had just been. That we have purchased many cars throughout our lifetime and that we will never purchase a Kia not to mention a vehicle from Ward. His response was that they are the # 2 Kia dealership in the four state area and they didn’t need our business. I told him that my wife and I are locals, employed at the University and in the medical field, and that we know many people and we will make sure that all of our friends are aware of the lack of professionalism of this dealership. He responded “go ahead” and returned to his office. As I walked out the door there was an enormous outburst of laughter from this “sales manager’s” office.
While I’m on professionalism, the sales staff was about the most unruly looking group I have ever encountered in any dealership.
I guarantee that we will never own a Kia nor will we ever do business with Mark Ward.
2e3947d

Comments (37) Hide comments
Showing 20 of 37 comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 07, 2013
Was contacted by one of the salesman that they had a deal going on that they would sell one 2013 kia soul for the price of 9, 900. I was surprised by the deal and asked if it was manual knowing the price was too good to be true. He responded no it is a 2013 automatic. I went straight to the dealer. They let me choose the color and test drive it. I was already late to class from talking to them and they insisted my parents drive 2 hours to come see it. I told them I would be back after class. I returned and said we would most likely like to buy it. This is when he told me that they could not sell me the one I test drove because they would only do the deal on a manual but that I could buy it at 17, 000. They flat lied to my face trying to get me to fall in love with the car in hopes I would buy it anyways. I stood up and said no thank you. He proceeded to walk me out and said atleast you got to drive one. Dumbass I can test drive any car I want at anytime. Glad I wasted my whole day and missed class just to deal with these guys. I cant believe their still in business seeing this is obviously how they run all of their sales.
Reply to ward

Sep 04, 2013
I have dealt with Ward on a number of occasions and they are deceptive and *** artists. Would not recommend them to anyone
Reply to KC

Jul 22, 2013
I wanted to read the "***" comments but it ended up as a vote. My company has had trouble with fleet car service and the attitude at Ward Kia. Bad enough that they won't buy there again!
Reply to just me

Oct 08, 2012
To anyone that that may read anything that is posted on this page.

My name is Alex and I am newly the Internet Sales Manager for all of the Ward Auto Group dealerships. I have personally read each and every post on this page, and while I can't speak for what has happend before me, I can promise you all that things now are very different now that I am leading things.

If you have any issue at all, or would like to talk with me personally before beginning your search for your new vehicle, please contact me by email or either phone number listed below.

Things have changed dramatically here, and I would love the chance to regain your trust.

Alex Bettinger
Internet Sales Manager
Ward Auto Group
IL: (618)457-8155
MO: (573)332-1711
alex@wardautogroup.com
Reply to Alex Bettinger

May 22, 2012
Dropped off 2011 Hyundai at cape Hyundai to get detail and oil change. Picked up the car later and remembered wedding rings in console. Went to get them out and they were gone. Dylan the lil boy in the garage admitted he opened a console. When the cops got called everyone there refused to tell the cops that part. Talked to Seth, Chris, and John. All pure jerks. Still no rings! On may 18, 2012
Reply to pissed

Nov 14, 2011
there cars are junk mark ward and his staff are *** they lie i bought a new car from them never again its junk the main headquaters should get rid of those dumb *** liars and jackasses
Reply to rodney burnett

Oct 13, 2011
We went to ward in carb, and we have a special needs child with a heart condition, i parked our car by their trucks, I had the windows down and a salesman came out, opened a truck door next to my truck and he set off the alarm.I turned to the backseat to check my daughter, she was getting upset, so i drove across the lot, away from the noise,i went into the showroom to get my gf, and told her we were leaving. the salesman,manager, and some old guy came out to our car, NEVER APOLOGIZED, nothing they wanted to know if i was still buying the car!! bunch of fucknuts!!
Reply to jack

Aug 27, 2011
I was very disappointed in my experience at ward Kia there business is based on lies. They misrepresent things and run your credit so many times that it takes your credit score down. They need to take their commercials off the air if they don't have the products and tell you lies. If they base their business on lies they are bad business men. I will never be back and will tell everyone I know about my experience.
Reply to The house of three stooges

Aug 27, 2011
Buying a new car can be hard, but I didn't have a problem with ward Kia. Car salesmen are going to be pushy every where you go, but I think at ward Kia if u have good credit there more willing to work with you, but that's true with all dealerships. Everyone I spoke with was very nice and they new nothing about my credit... :)
The real problem I had was when I got a noticed about a late payment on the car I had traded in.. I had to make several calls to the sales office to fix this issue..
:upset So I guess I have mixed emotions! Lol
All in all I'm glad I went to ward Kia, I love my new 2011 Kia optima!!
Reply to April

Aug 18, 2011
WoW I was going to look at some of there cars but not going to after reading all the bad comments. Thankyou I am not going to waste my time on them.
Reply to C.Wilkinson

Aug 03, 2011
oh yea seth told me he was the owner and he was very rude to me,i was mislead so bad by dave,i wouldn't recommend anyone go there
Reply to gidget haywood

Aug 03, 2011
just wanted to say i was treated terrible when i went to carbondale,never was apoligized to,you know that old saying the car lots will take advantage of you if you are a woman,well that is definately what happened in my case
Reply to gidget haywood

Jul 28, 2011
:? ok im soconfused, ive been looking for a kia, i was told by a good friend of mine to go to ward kia in carbondale, and sitting home decided to read up on them which in turn has led me here. Reading this im unsure if this is where i need to go being a single mother of 3, im needing a new car because 2 of my boys will be needing the two vehicles we have now i would like to purchase a new car for myself. Are these people untrustworthy? are these personal issues, or actual issues with this place? Someone let me know, im kinda in a hurry to find something i really want.
Reply to Confused now

Apr 14, 2011
I know the salesman at Mark Ward Kia in Carbondale, IL and they are being, verbally, physically and financially abused. The head honchos, Brian Yates, Mike and Seth, not only cuss out their salesman in front of customers but also throw things at them.

These losers think it's okay to work their salesman 60 hours a week and only give them a weekly check of $181. They are also "supposed" to get a monthly check at the beginning of each month for about $600-$700, but if the banks are slow at financing customers' cars they will withhold these checks from their employees for up to an extra month. Bank financing has nothing to do with the salesman. This is illegal and I'm going to report them to the Attorney General's office. If a salesman sells more than 10 cars a month they get "commision", but Ward Kia will find things wrong with their deals so that they don't have to pay them commision.

Because of their illegal labor practices, they have salesmen having their vehicles repossessed and their homes foreclosed on. When you walk on their lot, they hand pick who they want to sell to. They also are in the practice of telling you whatever you want to hear and openly lying to get you in the door and then screwing you over when you go in to make a deal. If you doubt anything I am saying stop by or call and talk to any of these poor salesman. Derek, Dave, Chad, Jesse, Dennis, Josh, Jordan. They will back up everything I have written.
... Show more
Reply to Ward Kia

Apr 05, 2011
been there,don't go to ward's dealers in herrin,c'dale or cape,,,their all the same family...bate n switch,hard core sales,, u or anybody u care about should not go there...
Reply to bobby

Mar 29, 2011
Ward Hyundia in Cape is the same way as this dealership. I went there and told them off the top that I had a $5000 down payment and didn't have all day to look at cars. The salesman still took all day and would never tell the price of any car. They told me I could get a '09 charger and I would need to come back the next day. Well I did and instead the charger they offered me an '02 Pacifica and still would not tell me the price. Needless to say, I didn't get it. They just keep you running around and you have to play a guessing game about the price. STAY AWAY FROM THEM TOO!!!!! :(
Reply to FRUSTRATED IN MISSOURI

Mar 21, 2011
I appreciate all the comments. I saw an ad on tv about the great deals they had. After reading all the comments I am reminded a few years ago when my son was looking for a car, they would not give me a price, they just wanted to know what kind of payment I wanted. That is how they work, instead of giving you an honest price, they try to get you in a car that you can make a payment. Thanks for reminding me of the way they work and they havn't changed. I don't want to waste my time with them. I have purchased a car from Mike Smith Kia in Paducah, and they treated me really good. I recommend the drive.
Reply to Billyt

Feb 18, 2011
Went to Ward Kia in Carbondale on Feb 15 and looked at/test drove 2011 Optima. The salesman told me they were offering 3k off. He didn't tell me they were adding 2k to the MSRP and their actual selling price is TMV (true market value). They use this advertising on the radio, as well. It's a corny ripoff designed to get folks on the lot; don't fall for it. Go elsewhere, these folks are amateurs.
Reply to tom busch

Feb 17, 2011
Before I visited Ward Kia in Carbondale I called and talked to one of their salesmen. I was up right from the start with them, I have bad credit and I owe alot on my old car. I test drove a nice Kia and was convinced I was going to have it that day. They led me to believe that they would help me even if they had to take a "hit" on the deal. I was turned over to Scott who short of calling me a dead beat said he could not work with me on any thing. Very arrogant and rude. I left disappointed since the young sales man I was dealing with had me convinced that they would be able to work with me despite my short comings.
Reply to Peggy

Jan 21, 2011
SOUNDS LIKE THE HERRONS FROM HARRISBURG ARE FAMILY MEMBERS OF DHOBSON. PEOPLE DONT PAY STICKER FOR CARS ANYMORE SO WHY WOULD YOU GO TO WARD AND PAY 2000 OVER STICKER? THIS PLACE IS A RIPOFF AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN. YOU CAN GET A MUCH BETTER DEAL ON A KIA IN PADUCAH OR EVANSVILLE, IT IS WORTH THE DRIVE NOT TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH WARD. MR WARD SHOULD BE ASHAMED AND SO SHOULD HIS FAMILY. I ALSO HEARD RON WARD IN HERRIN TREATS YOU THE SAME WAY. GET THE WORD OUT TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY NOT TO BUY FROM ANY WARD FAMILY DEALERSHIP.
Reply to BYATES

Read next Mark Ward Kia complaint

ward hyundai cape Giradeau mo.

Last Saturday my mother and I went to the Hyundai dealer ship in cape and got treated very poorly.Th...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about Mark Ward Kia.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug