Mark Ward Kia, Carbondale, IL
On Saturday, July 5, 2008, my wife and I visited Mark Ward Kia in Carbondale, IL. We were looking at a Sportage or the Sorento. We decided to test drive the Sorento. After a short test drive, during which we were instructed where to turn and when to switch drivers, we returned to the dealership. The sales person, Chris, asked if we were interested in purchasing the vehicle. We inquired about the bottom line price and he referred us to the sales manager who identified himself as Scott. Scott immediately asked us if we were going to purchase this Sorento. I asked him for the price. He again asked if we were going to purchase the vehicle right now. Again I requested the price. He retorted with “I’m not going to tell you the price unless you purchase this vehicle right now.” I said I didn’t do business that way. I want to know the price before I purchase anything. He refused to divulge the sales price at which time we told him no and turned to leave.
After thinking about this, I returned to the showroom and asked to see Scott. I told him that we have never been treated as rudely as we had just been. That we have purchased many cars throughout our lifetime and that we will never purchase a Kia not to mention a vehicle from Ward. His response was that they are the # 2 Kia dealership in the four state area and they didn’t need our business. I told him that my wife and I are locals, employed at the University and in the medical field, and that we know many people and we will make sure that all of our friends are aware of the lack of professionalism of this dealership. He responded “go ahead” and returned to his office. As I walked out the door there was an enormous outburst of laughter from this “sales manager’s” office.
While I’m on professionalism, the sales staff was about the most unruly looking group I have ever encountered in any dealership.
I guarantee that we will never own a Kia nor will we ever do business with Mark Ward.d404d7d review #126412
You may also like
- "We bought a 2014 forest river Wildwood from General rv in Huntley ill. We have had a lot of issues with it including leaks and floor and wood damage. ..."
- "In December 2012 I bought a brand new CVO Breakout form ROCKET Harley Davidson in Madison , AL. Before riding the bike I asked them to put a SE race tuner..."
- "Subaru seems to randomly cover or not cover engines in the STi model that break piston ringlands. I had to get quite hostile to finally get reimbursed for my..."
- "I attempted to order online on Wed, Dec 17, 2014 @ 9:40p and it would not let me place an order, so I called the store to place the order..."
- "I put an order in on Nov 8th for $47 and never received it. I sent several messages and called the company several times and all I get is a..."
- "Santa Sweeps sweepstakes. Ill attatch two screenshots. One will say complete registration to get moco gold. The second will say by registering i triggered such n such. By registering says..."
- "On Sept. 21st, 2013 @ 4pm I rented a truck from Menards to pick up siding that I had special ordered. I went to the store to pick it up..."
- "Me and 3 friends ordered a *** from Eden girls. They called to confirm a day before and everything seemed to be going well. After she showed up however, she..."
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."